Monday, August 9, 2010

Update To Our Barfy Vacation Budget Weekend

So, our camp out was a fail.  Hubby got home really late from work, I waited to start dinner until 8 pm. because I hadn't heard from him... we got the fire going.  Fire too hot, must wait a few... get food organized.  Put food in the pot.  Cook.  Let's get the tent out... don't fall off the ladder mom!  Whew, here we go... now how do we put this thing together?  Hurry up Daddy!  Still no daddy.  Slap the bugs.  Coat children and self in bug spray and rescue dinner from the fire.  Eat.  Run to house to get drinks.  Keep eating.  More bug spray.   Getting dark, where is daddy?  Daddy comes home and rushes to get tent up.  Slap, the bugs are really bad.

Needless to say, halfway through the night, I gave up on the camp out.  I took our toddler daughter up with me and then I proceeded to slap mosquitos all night from inside the house because apparently they hadn't quite had enough of me yet.

The birthday boy ended up looking like he caught a case of small pox the next morning.

Late night for us.  We all had naps the next afternoon.  Family nap time... wonderful.

Then, Friday, we tooted around the house.  Didn't do much of anything.  But when we went to bed I had had to reset my alarm clock which I set for pm instead of am... this resulted in a missed Farmers Market!  Darn, and I still ran down there just to check to see if they could fit me... nope.  It all worked out because we got to go to a free car show.  Eat a grilled burger for a song.  Go to the zoo and come home and basically have a wonderful day.  Over all it was a great weekend.  Good memories and we didn't even have to go in debt to do it.  Yes.  Total blessing.

And I got the compliment of making the very best cream cheese frosting ever.  Hubs got the, "you make the very best sherry cake ever, dad" compliment!  Double yes!

Home and family rock.  Jesus is our rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment