Monday, May 16, 2011

Saving Dinner: Another Home School Gotta Have

One thing that every home school mom wishes that she had, if she doesn't already have one... is a maid.  We all wish that we had someone who would come out of the goodness of their hearts and say this, "Honey, whatever you need today, I am going to do it.  How 'bout if I wash those windows for you?  Or maybe I can whip that pinnacle of laundry into shape for you?"  

Yes, that is the truth.  Home school moms wish for a maid.  So there it is.  Now to the "gotta have" part.  I find that my Saving Dinner cookbook is almost as good as a live in maid.  The book was written by Leanne Ely, whoever she is.  What a Godsend!  There are numerous types and ways to make cooking easy, but this is great.  Here is why I like it so much.  

1)  It isn't a "download" or paid subscription which means that I won't get distracted by the internet or feel guilty if I don't use it.

2)  The recipes are simple and healthy and did I mention that it gives you a grocery list and then 6 day meal list by season?  Oh, it is wonderful.  I copy the list on my copy machine and add the other things I need to get right to that list.  It is broken up by section so the grocery shopping doesn't take me near as long.

3)  I used to do this by myself but now I don't have to think about it.  I just print, add my other things from my fridge grocery list and go.

4)  The meals don't take long to fix!  Seriously.  

So that is it.  This is the newest item to my list of "home school gotta haves".  Thank you Leanne Ely where ever you are!  You have given me such a blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment